By Chris Corin,Terry Fiehn
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and realizing in their AQA breadth learn via professional narrative, innovative abilities improvement and bespoke essays from prime historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' knowing of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the most important suggestions of switch, continuity, reason and final result, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they strengthen during the course
- Improves scholars' talents in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing by means of supplying transparent advice and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative talents and curiosity in background via prolonged examining possibilities along with specifically commissioned essays from training historians on appropriate debates
- Cements knowing of the wide concerns underpinning the interval with overviews of the most important questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
Read Online or Download AQA A-level History: Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964 (Aqa Alevel History) PDF
Similar russian history books
A distinct comparative account of the roots of Communist revolution in Russia and China. Steve Smith examines the altering social identities of peasants who settled in St Petersburg from the Eighties to 1917 and in Shanghai from the 1900s to the Nineteen Forties. Russia and China, notwithstanding very various societies, have been either dynastic empires with backward agrarian economies that unexpectedly skilled the effect of capitalist modernity.
Shortlisted for the Douglas Stewart prize for non fiction and the group family members fee Award in NS W and the Age Non-Fiction e-book of the 12 months. I left too early, earlier than tanks rolled into Moscow in 1991, and earlier than Gorbachev was once positioned less than domestic arrest in a failed coup. I left earlier than Russia and Ukraine grew to become separate international locations, ahead of the KGB files have been opened, earlier than the Russian model of Wheel of Fortune, ahead of the note 'Gulag' seemed in textbooks.
Why has social peace been preserved in a few new, nationalizing international locations in japanese Europe and damaged down in others? whereas civil peace has reigned in Estonia, Moldova skilled a bloody civil battle in 1992, claiming greater than 1000 casualties. those states in query proportion a few universal features, yet there's one vital distinction.
Russia considering that 1980 recounts the epochal political, monetary, and social alterations that destroyed the Soviet Union, ushering in a puzzling new order. twenty years after Mikhail Gorbachev initiated regime-wrecking radical reforms, Russia has reemerged as a superpower. It has survived a hyperdepression, modernized, restored deepest estate and company, followed a liberal democratic personality, and asserted claims to international management.
- The Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict: A Legal Analysis
- The Devil's Garden
- Außenpolitik vor Ausbruch der Berlin-Krise (Sommer 1955 bis Herbst 1958): Band 1 (Quellen und Darstellungen zur Zeitgeschichte) (German Edition)
- Reconsidering Sputnik: Forty Years Since the Soviet Satellite (Routledge Studies in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine)
- Russian-Ottoman Borderlands: The Eastern Question Reconsidered
- La Récidive. Révolution russe, révolution chinoise (Bibliothèque des Histoires) (French Edition)
Extra info for AQA A-level History: Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964 (Aqa Alevel History)
AQA A-level History: Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964 (Aqa Alevel History) by Chris Corin,Terry Fiehn